Small to Medium Enterprises
At Assurity Consulting our speciality is working with larger SMEs and those organisations who own, occupy or managing buildings where they are responsible for managing the plant and equipment within it (e.g. air and water services, plant rooms, lifts, etc.).
You must also consider the wider context of health and safety and not just “slips, trips and falls” and accidents, more productive time for organisations is lost through, ill health and occupational diseases than workplace injuries. Knowing where your risks are is the start, followed by the priority order in which they should be managed – realistically and proportionately.
Your risks typically will be informed by three elements primarily, your people, your work activities and your place of work, for example;
- If you are a building owner, or tenant, have an FRI lease or look after common parts of a property, you will have responsibility for some or all of aspects like fire, asbestos, pressure systems, lift/lifting equipment and Legionella. That responsibility could also be shared with one or several other dutyholders.
- Your work activities could include work at height, manual handling/lifting, display screen work, food, noise, work equipment and driving. Are these routine risks to your organisation and if so how are they being managed to best effect?
- The people aspects of your organisation can often be the most complex and range from location (i.e. peripatetic, office based, warehouse, mobile) to first aid and RIDDOR, chemicals, young persons, equality and disability and training.
Assurity Consulting have a long-term track record of supporting organisations by delivering proportionate, targeted, simple and easily accessible health and safety advice. So, whether you are a tenant, building owner, building manager, landlord or other dutyholder, we know what successful health and safety management looks like.
Legislation is complex and binding. Retaining Assurity Consulting gives you the confidence that your environment is safe and compliant.
- Consultants trained, qualified and experienced in the management of all areas of health and safety compliance management;
- We have a detailed understanding of buildings, your legal requirements and best practice; and
- Our own UKAS accredited laboratory so you get traceability and consistency of service from sample to result.
Assurity Plus 2.0
Our Assurity Plus 2.0 software helps you to simplify your operation and focus resource on areas of greatest need, saving you time and money.
The fact that our consultants do not offer remedial services gives them the freedom to focus totally on your situation and your needs, now and into the future.
Our impartial advice on your individual situation delivers many opportunities for cost savings and the avoidance of unnecessary expenditure.
Radon - what are the risks?
Over the Summer a high-profile prosecution of a school in Bath, has raised questions about radon from organisations wanting to know what they need to do.
Our October whitepaper is taking a closer look at radon and some of the issues around assessing your risk and managing it.Read more