Founded in 1986
Employ over 80 people
ISO 14001 certificated
ISO 9001 certificated
ISO 45001 certificated
Leading experts in our sector
Totally independent company
Accredited by UKAS for air and water
Primary Authority (Co-ordinated partnership) Assured Advice certificated
Extensive Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance
Accredited by UKAS for our legionella risk assessments to BS 8580-1:2019
If profit and loss determine the financial success of an organisation, it is the culture that determines it from a legal, moral and reputational perspective. When done well, health safety and environmental compliance is an investment in all these areas, which is why Assurity Consulting is the UK's leading independent workplace health, safety and environmental consultancy.
Established for over 35 years we are the automatic first choice for responsible and ambitious organisations across 1000s of buildings, and we occupy a unique position in the marketplace by giving you:
- Truly independent advice and support – as we do not offer or provide remedial services, products or treatments, or cross-sell our services within a wider group, you can be assured of truly unbiased advice with no vested interest;
- Best in class accreditations – working to a standard or accreditation, is not the same as working from/achieving it. And having been amongst the first, and in some instances the only organisation, in our industry to achieve a range of them;
- Service focused and directly employed consultants – building long-term relationships, trust and consistency of service is not something easily, if ever, achieved through an associate business model, so we don’t use one. All our consultants are directly employed and so have the freedom, time and responsibility to focus totally on your situation and your needs;
- A wealth of experience – our specialist consultants and subject matter experts cover everything from access to zinc whiskers (with asbestos, environment, fire, food safety, health and safety, Legionella, noise and indoor environment quality (air, water, comfort) along the way). Producing over 4,000 reports a year, we have worked in 1,000’s of buildings across the UK and beyond, so the chances are we’ve already delivered the successful solution you might be looking for;
- Understanding of your needs - the detailed information and impartial advice we provide helps you demonstrate that your organisation is compliant, your employees are safe and comfortable, your processes are cost-effective, and your management team can be confident that you are in control of your workplace compliance; and
- Support when and where you need it – with our own UKAS accredited laboratory and an entire in-house team providing support services to you, we pride ourselves on building trust, being there when you need us and mutually beneficial working relationships.
Assurity Consulting FAQs
- Colleagues support several industry bodies and devote time and effort often in their own time. Examples are volunteers and sponsorship with the IWFM including a number of Special Interest Groups, and contributions to the BCO ESG Research Group.
- We have several long-term relationships with charity partners such as Springboard, St Catherine’s Hospice, Chestnut Tree House, and Olive Tree Cancer Support, where staff can get involved in “make a difference day” and fundraising.
- We source suppliers who have a positive impact on the environment and are conscious of how they work sustainably.
- We undertake an anonymous employee wellbeing survey on an annual basis.
- We actively invest in our team’s education, supporting several of our employees in gaining industry recognised qualifications to further their personal development and careers with us.
- We reward employees for their loyalty to our company using our Loyalty Benefit Scheme.
- We run internal events throughout the year that cover everything from supporting physical and mental wellbeing, to just having some downtime and fun.
As an organisation we are independently owned, only offer impartial advice and management information based around our customers specific compliance needs. Our ethos is to deliver advice that our customers trust, delivered by people who our customers trust.
We DO NOT, provide any third-party remedial services, such as treatment, cleaning, and removal work (directly or through cross-selling), nor do we endorse or recommend other suppliers. As all our people are directly employed, we can put multi-skilled teams together to support specific customer initiatives/solutions.
No. With the huge benefit of our own UKAS accredited laboratory, processing over 36,000 air and water samples per year, we are self-sufficient for all the microbiological work we do – as well as providing complete traceability and control from sampling to analysis. Occasionally we may use very specialist laboratory analysis (i.e. chemical analysis of water and asbestos work) and we do use approved UKAS accredited providers for aspects of this work.
Our usual office hours are Monday to Friday, 08:30-17:00, although we have arrangements in place so you can get hold of us as and when you need too.
We specialise in operational buildings and compliance management solutions covering air and water quality, Legionella, asbestos, fire, accessibility, environmental management, food and health and safety. We can also support more specific investigations such as independent contractor or service reviews. A full list of independent solutions and advice we offer can be found at https://www.assurityconsulting.co.uk/services
Being wholly independent we don’t offer any form of remedial work, be it treatment, cleaning, equipment, servicing, or maintenance. That is regardless of service area too, so whether it’s fire, air and water quality, Legionella, asbestos, or access, we only provide compliance management advice, training, and assessments.
The risk profile of an organisation is not related to its size, so we successfully work with all type of organisations from large multinationals with 100s of buildings to individual tenants in large buildings. All our services are tailored to the customers’ needs and their responsibilities however, so what you get is relevant to you and your legal obligations.
It is important to us that we offer the best service and advice possible, and we often get asked “who checks the checker?” In answer to that, a range of people do, as we hold industry leading accreditations and certifications for our work. These include, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, UKAS ISO 17020, UKAS ISO 17025, LCA and Primary Authority with the City of London Corporation (health and safety) and Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service (fire). In addition, individual members of the team hold qualifications and certifications relevant to their specialities, (e.g. IOSH, IIRSM, NRAC, IfE, CIEH, IBMS).
Over the years we have also received a number of awards for our technical and customer service.
More details on our accreditations, certifications and awards can be found at:
You can find our business policies here:
As would be expected of any reputable organisation we carry an extensive suite of insurances including Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.
Examples of some of the initiatives we operate include:
You can contact us, by phone, email or letter and all the information you need is at https://www.assurityconsulting.co.uk/contact-us and the ‘contact us’ button (top right of the website page). We’d be delighted to hear from you.