Managing COVID-19 is a dynamic situation, not only from a remobilisation perspective, but from the wealth of and changing advice coming for the Government, HSE and other sources.
So, for those who have already produced their COVID-19 risk assessment, we also provide an independent review of these documents.
Our review is from a health and safety perspective within the following criteria:
- Does the risk assessment have the expected 5 stages of risk assessment?
- Is it clearly identifying the hazard, the risk and who is exposed to the risk?
- Is it mirroring the ‘hierarchy of control measures’ as required by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations?
- Are there any elements of the safety control measures that we believe would have an effect on other health and safety matters?
- Is it in line with Government Guidance (latest at date of review)?
Through this we not only use our market experience to deliver the reassurance of an independent external check on your risk assessment, but also that it is in line with the latest guidance.
So, whether as a “sense check”, gap analysis or process review, you can be confident that you have gone through the correct process to decide on the best controls for your COVID-19 risk management.
Health and safety - state of the nation
20th January 2022
2020-2021 held many challenges for organisations and not just in health and safety, but the topic does remain fundamental to responsible and successfully managed organisations and continues to form part of non-financial risk reporting.Read more
Out with the old and in with the new for workplace management?
23rd December 2021
As another, albeit unusual year comes to an end, it is often time to take stock, reflect and make those plans for the next. So much has happened (and is happening) centred on the workplace, premises and facilities management, that the choices are wide and ranging.Read more
Fire Wardens in an agile workplace
13th December 2021
With the Government’s announcement to encouragement home working if possible, from Monday 13th December 2021, it is going to be increasingly difficult (again!) to make sure our workplaces have sufficient fire warden coverage, to implement a clear floor policy effectively in the event of an emergency evacuation.Read more