Graduate Consultant - Workplace Safety
£19,000-£22,000 + commission + fully expensed car
Our Consultant role is the main point of call with our customers, so it is essential that you can project a professional image, show enthusiasm and have a positive attitude when facing new challenges and meeting new people. As a Consultant at Assurity Consulting, you would sell, service and deliver workplace compliance solutions to our customers. Alongside this, you would maintain and develop relationships with customers and prospects and actively pursue new business.
Support and benefits
This role offers you broad experience in a commercial environment and provides you with account management, sales and technical skills. The Graduate Consultant role starts at a basic salary from £19,000 together with benefits worth in excess of £6,000. Your On Target Earnings should exceed £25,000 after 2 years as you would earn commission on top of your basic salary.
No previous experience is required, from day one you will be given a full training programme with a mentoring and support network and fortnightly training reviews. Being a Consultant at Assurity Consulting gives you a Sussex based lifestyle with the freedom to travel throughout the UK and internationally and time to take part in charity events to support your local community and socialise with your colleagues.
The employment package includes the following benefits;
- private healthcare;
- a pension scheme;
- profit share;
- a fully expensed company car; and
- laptop/mobile phone.
The Consultant role is a mix of technical and commercial activities and once fully trained a typical split of work is as follows;
60% of the Consultant role is of a technical nature:
- Engaging in continual learning about the workplace, health, safety and environmental services we provide and the legislation and compliance factors that surround them to provide competent advice to customers;
- Undertaking site visits requiring an in-depth understanding of building environments and schematics as well the ability to accurately use technical equipment; and
- Analysing and interpreting results in order to clearly relay findings in reports to customers.
20% of the Consultant role requires account management skills:
- Delivering services to customers;
- Obtaining feedback from customers regarding their level of satisfaction with our service and any new areas they might require assistance with; and
- Spending an appropriate level of time with them to develop good relationships and completing contract reviews within an appropriate time frame.
20% of the Consultant role is about business development and sales:
- Assist in the research and development of new services and markets;
- Network at marketing and industry events to build new relationships and to promote our services;
- Securing new business from existing customers and prospects;
- Generating sales leads and appointments by telephone from a targeted prospect list;
- Following up leads generated from referrals, existing customers and marketing initiatives; and
- Produce and present proposals to customers and prospects to develop new customer accounts into repeatable business.
Ideal skills for the role:
- Good verbal and written communication skills as the role requires interaction with our customers and writing your reports in plain English;
- The ability to understand concepts and be able to relate them to different circumstances and explain them to others clearly and concisely. This is a key aspect of the job to help customers understand how they can comply with health and safety law;
- The innate ability to be able to build rapport with people and sell our ideas and concepts and enlist our services to make their workplace healthier and safer; and
- The ability to successfully and efficiently manage your time.
Necessary education and qualifications:
Our Consultants hold a wide range of different degrees, from various Science courses to English, and Law to Drama. Graduates who have studied Science and Geography degrees really enjoy the Consultant role; however, it is not a necessity as any degree shows a proven ability to undertake self-directed learning which makes them very successful in the role.
Experience selling products, services or concepts would be advantageous to you. Experience in presenting information to groups of people and demonstrating a good work ethic would be beneficial.
Considerations for you:
You will ideally live within a 45-minute drive of Horsham, West Sussex to keep travel time realistic, and you will need to hold a full UK driving licence. Travel arrangements may require some early starts and late finishes, and will also call for you to stay away from home in a hotel on the odd occasion.
Progression within the company:
The Consultant role contains a broad scope for both positional progression as well as educational progression. Consultants can reach a Senior Consultant position and from there can progress to a managerial position, if and when the opportunity arises. However, our Consultants are encouraged to learn subsequent ‘services’ and apply for Service Leader positions if they should desire at any stage in their career, providing they prove they have the will and depth of knowledge needed.
Our contact details:
If you believe you have what it takes to join our friendly and supportive team please complete our online application form and attach your CV and job-specific cover letter, and if you have any further questions contact Ian Robinson, our Business Support and HR Manager by emailing email@example.com