Consultant – Built Environment
£25,000-£30,000 + commission + fully expensed car
Are you currently in a supervisory role in your career and looking for a change and variation?
Do you want a change from managing people and want to focus on developing your own skills and career?
Maybe you have experience of working within the retail or hospitality sector and want to avoid working at the weekend. If you know how to develop customer relationships and actively pursue new business, seriously consider our Consultant role.
As a Consultant at Assurity Consulting, you would be selling and delivering workplace compliance solutions to our customers. To fulfil the role, you would split your time across three areas, account management, technical aptitude, business development/sales. Basic starting salary £25,000-£30,000 plus benefits worth in excess of £6,000. You could also increase your current earning potential as the role has a commission element to it. Our company has over 30 years’ experience in the industry and a solid customer base with world-renowned organisations. The role gives you the ability to use newly learned technical knowledge alongside a mentor, and the time to build rapport with our customers.
Your employment package includes private healthcare, a pension scheme, profit share and a fully expensed company car. Our Consultant role allows you to have a Sussex based lifestyle with the freedom to travel throughout the UK and Internationally and not be stuck in the same office/building every day. You will also be in control of planning your working schedule and have time to take part in charity events to support your local community and socialise with your colleagues too.
The Consultant role is a mix of technical and commercial activities and once fully trained a typical split of work is as follows;
60% of the Consultant role is of a technical nature
- Engaging in continual learning about the workplace, health, safety and environmental services we provide and the legislation and compliance factors that surround them to provide competent advice to customers;
- Undertaking site visits requiring in-depth understanding of building environments and schematics as well the ability to accurately use technical equipment; and
- Analysing and interpreting results to clearly relay findings in reports to customers.
20% of the Consultant role requires account management skills
- Delivering services to customers;
- Obtaining feedback from customers regarding their level of satisfaction with our service and any new areas they might require assistance with; and
- Spending an appropriate level of time with them to develop good relationships and completing contract reviews within an appropriate time frame.
20% of the Consultant role is about business development and sales
- Assist in the research and development of new services and markets;
- Network at marketing and industry events to build new relationships;
- Present at marketing and industry events to promote our services;
- Securing new business from existing customers and prospects;
- Generating sales leads and appointments by telephone from a targeted prospect list;
- Following up leads generated from referrals, existing customers and marketing initiatives; and
- Produce and present proposals to customers and prospects; develop new customer accounts into repeatable business.
Skills we value in people we employ:
- A good level of verbal and written communication as the role requires writing reports in plain English;
- The innate ability to be able to build rapport with people and sell our ideas and concepts and enlist our services to make their workplace safer;
- The ability to understand concepts and be able to relate them to different circumstances and explain them to others clearly and concisely;
- Resilience and flexibility;
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and self-motivation; and
- The ability to effectively manage your time and organise and prioritise work.
Education and qualifications:
A degree or an equivalent level 5 or 6 qualification is desirable but not essential. There is a lot of knowledge to learn to be effective in this role, and you will need to be able to demonstrate a proven ability to undertake self-directed learning, for example by completing other professional qualifications. Recognised qualification in health and safety or the environment would be an advantage but is not crucial.
Ideal experience for the role:
Experience in selling products, services or concepts, or involvement in a B2B working environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
Considerations for you:
Your travel arrangements may require some early starts and late finishes, so you will ideally live within a 45-minute drive of Horsham, West Sussex and hold a full UK driving licence. There will also be occasions where you will need to stay in hotels expensed by the company due to travelling around the UK or abroad.
Progression within the company:
The Consultant role contains a broad scope for both positional progression and educational progression. Consultants can reach a Senior Consultant position within 5 years of service at Assurity Consulting and from there can progress to a managerial position, when the opportunity arises and if that’s your chosen route. However, our Consultants are encouraged to learn subsequent ‘services’ and apply for Service Leader positions if they should desire at any stage in their career, providing they prove they have the will and depth of knowledge needed.